Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dog Park Paparazzi

ok not in a library...pretend he's in a dog park
I was at the park with young master Burger the other day and got schooled with some disturbing knowledge. I was speaking to this couple and they were telling me about people around the dog park who were taking pictures. I just kept nodding and they had this look on their face when they got to "..taking PICTURES of the dogs.."...lik a combo of horror, lemon-suck and disgust. Being as quick as I am I knew they knew something...I didn't know...so I asked..."Pictures...ok..ya?....So?"..

To paraphrase, there are people out there who go to dog parks to take pictures of specific regular attendance dogs. The reason this is done is to basically put together a catalog of dogs they could easily kidnap and sell to unscrupulous buyers.

I was floored. I'm a city boy and I see bobbing heads in cars and crackheads in doorways every 5 feet most weeks but this was news to me. It's apparently pretty common practice among dog-thieves.

I thought I'd post this as an FYI to anyone half as naive as me about this. I'm sure not every person taking a picture of a dog is a pet trafficker but trust your gut in the future if something seems a bit off about the ever present shutterbug snappin pics of your little guy or girl.

Cheers,
Kibbler

1 comment:

  1. Yes...i've seen this as well! Just the other week at the dog park near my office. I was driving and stuck behind a bunch of cars, and noticed a wierd guy on a bike snapping picts of the doggies running around. I made eye contact with him and then he proceed to turn around and pretend to snap a pict of the street construction. Very odd! Beware!

    ReplyDelete