Thursday, October 21, 2010

Do's and Dont's at the Park

This looks like having fun - or being shot out of a low aim cannon
Ok, I feel like I'm selling out a bit on this but it has to be done. Seems every magazine I see on the rack promo's a "Top 10 Do's and Dont's..blah blah blah". Since this blog is in it's puppy stage (see what I did there?), I think you all have some good ideas about what should and should NOT go down at the Park. Feel free to post whatever you like....I'll start (in no particular order):

- DO make sure your dog is fixed - nothing crazes the group more than a girl in heat or a fella packin
- DO pay attention to your dog. Few things grind on me more than someone who brings their dog to the park then commences to text their buddies for the next 45 min while the dog is pooping all over the place and jumping all over them.The park is for your dog AND YOU - we love your little guy or girl but we're not there to train them
- DON'T let your dog run with other dogs with a leader rope or leash on him/her. I've had arguments about this but the way I see it is that leash or rope connected to a speeding and snaking dog is lethal - for people and other dogs
- DON'T give unsolicited training advice. Another point of contention with some folks. If someone asks I am happy to give advice but as someone said opinions are like a@#holes - everyone has one but I don't need to be exposed to them all. (Unless...I ASK?...ok that's kinda weird)
This may not be so fun...for the brindle anyways....

Ok there's a start.....I hope to see more - this should be a long list.

Kibbler

2 comments:

  1. Paying attention to your dog while at the park is huge. I don't know how many times I've been covered in mud by someone else's giant dog leaping right in my face....with the owner standing 2ft away too busy texting away to correct the dog or even half apologize to me! Grrr....get a fish if you're too busy to pay attention to Rover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another don't is DON'T leave bits and pieces of ripped up, chewed up, torn up balls and dog toys in the park. This stuff can be harmful to the health of the dogs that find and swallow these pieces of floatsam.
    If you bring it in take it out, this will prevent a lot of probems.

    The following url is more about friendly advice as opposed to a strict Don't but good advice all the same.
    http://aecroyaux.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/what-not-to-wear/

    ReplyDelete